PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, April 1, 2011

Getting Started

Fellow moms, especially fellow mommy bloggers, are continually asking me about my j.o.b....and how I always seem to have work when I need it. And it's true; I do. I think web content writing is like a secret underground profession. Or maybe these fantasies are needed in my otherwise routine life. But every time you do a Google search and land on a [usually poorly written] webpage, someone wrote that. That's a lot of words, and most of them are begging to be rewritten.

Rewriting is my specialty; but I enjoy original content, too. Rewriting requires more creativity and is more of a challenge, though, as the rewritten article must be able to pass the dreaded Copyscape Plagiarism Checker. Dun. dun. dun.

If you're interested in web content freelancing, there are a few things to keep in mind: First of all, jobs can be found through various sites like ifreelance and elance. These are legitimate sites with legitimate clients. However, not every job listed is worth getting! A serious business man or woman desires that the content on his site be professional, error free and informational. But then there are the rest of them. Many page owners are simply interested in traffic. And for traffic, you only really need an SEO stuffed fluff piece (which can be outsourced for less than a penny a word!). Of course, this piece/page will never be bookmarked or revisted (you never think of that, do ya??). But, whatev. Not my page, not my problem. If you are a native English speaker/writer with above average grammar and spelling skills, never bid less than $.015-.02 a word....even on your very first job!

Take my word for it....better jobs are out there.

twice written